4 People You Might Want to Call if You Have a Car Accident

4-people-you-might-want-to-call-if-you-have-a-car-accidentUnfortunately, car accidents occur quite frequently. The risks involved in a car accident are very high, therefore it is important that you know what steps are needed to be taken after the event. Many individuals are not aware of what should be done after an accident because they never expect to get into one in the first place.

Following are 4 people you might want to call if you have a car accident:

1. The Authorities

It is highly recommended that you call 911 and notify the police of an accident, regardless of whether there are any injuries involved or not. If there is a fire or injuries, then fire and ambulance services should also be notified. Calling the police is a must, even if it’s a minor accident, because it will help you with your insurance claim as you will need a police report to file with it. It is also recommended that you do not move your vehicle before the police arrive.

2. Towing Company

If your vehicle is a total wreck, then it is recommended that you wait for the police to give you the all clear before calling for a towing company to come pick up your vehicle and tow it to a garage or other place. The police will want to evaluate how the accident occurred and by inspecting the vehicles at the time of the accident they will be able to make a better assessment. So, when the police are finished, only then it would be a good idea to call the towing company.

3. Your Insurance Company

Call your auto insurance company as soon as possible to report the accident and open a claim. Most insurance companies have a 24-hour toll-free hotline and some also offer filing insurance claims on their websites that allow people to report the accident online. Furthermore, you can also ask your auto insurance company representative regarding where to tow your vehicle for repairs and then instruct the towing company to take the vehicle there.

4. Your Attorney

Another person you might want to call if you have a car accident is your attorney. Contact him or her right away. Your attorney will advise you to ensure that evidence is not destroyed and in this way, he/she will protect your right. He/she will also give you advice regarding the preparation of your statement that you will give to your insurance company for a claim. Furthermore, your attorney can also remind you of other important things, for example, not discussing with anybody at the scene who was at fault except with the police officer. Some important things to do after the accident is to take note of what happened, take photos of the accident, as well as any possible injuries that you may have, and keep them on record.


A car accident can be a really stressful experience. Knowing what steps to take and who to call can protect you from an expense and undue liability while protecting your rights to compensation.

We at Jan’s Towing strongly promote and encourage safe driving. We also know that sometimes things go wrong and you may need roadside assistance in the future. When you need help with your vehicle while on the road, Jan’s Towing offers fast & reliable towing and roadside assistance – everywhere in the San Gabriel Valley, such as Azusa, Glendora, Covina, West Covina, Arcadia, Irwindale, City of Industry, Rowland Heights, and beyond. In Inland Empire, we service the cities of Fontana, Rialto, Bloomington, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, and surrounding cities. We will respond immediately on a 24/7 basis, so give us a call right now at (626) 914-1841 if you are in need of towing or any roadside assistance!


© 2024 Jan's Towing, Inc. Azusa CA
Site Map


STAY CONNECTED WITH US:        tiktok 

Call Now Button